We all know exercise is key to longevity and health and wellness. But how many of us actually exercise on a regular basis? How many of us choose to binge watch our favorite TV shows instead of hit the gym? Whether we admit it or not, physical fitness is hard work. And most of us would rather not work that hard in our free time.
If this is your mindset, then you need a personal trainer like you need the air you breathe — desperately. A personal trainer is more than someone who develops a fitness routine and makes you do it (that is part of the job). A personal trainer is your accountability partner in your life-long journey of health and wellness. A personal trainer is your guide to nutrition and how you can use nutrition in your workout routine to maximize results. Most importantly, a personal trainer is just that: personal. They devote all of their attention to you during your session. How many other people in your life do?
Balanced Fitness & Health in San Diego is dedicated to you. Our mission is to use all of the tools in our wheelhouse (physical exertion, nutrition, and care and maintenance of your body) to get you the results you want. We’ll help you define your goals and set a path of achievement. Contact us today.
Born on August 3, 1986 in San Diego, Ca. I grew up in Chula Vista in a family of 5, me being the middle child. During my high school years I was in cross country and track with a few of my friends. After graduating from high school, I went to San Diego City College, layer transferring to SDSU. In May 2015, I graduated with a bachelors in Business Management.
In 2011, I was exposed to my first kettlebell workout and I was automatically intrigued. The design of the workouts and the results I was noticing was just amazing. A few years later I decided to start training for the instructors certification. In February 2014, I attended my Strong First Instructors Certification and passed. In 2015, I took my Strong First Level 2 Certification and passed. Lastly, in January 2016, took my Strong First Body Weight Certification and passed with he completion of a one arm push-up. Last but not least, in 2017, I completed my barbell certification. Currently I’m working towards completing my Nutritional Certification.
Every year I set a goal, every year I accomplish my goal no matter what it takes. I Never doubt my capabilities, I always believe in myself. Believing in myself is the reason I am where I am today.
My mom was a division one all American high diver, and my dad was a gymnast, and professional ski acrobat. So needless to say, movement, athletics, and a healthy lifestyle were part of the household culture for as long as I can remember. I’ve been a lifelong athlete, and have had a professional career in both snowboarding, and mixed martial arts. I’m currently 31 years old and have never been injured in either my weight lifting or athletic career. This is because I have learned not only how to work hard, but how to work safe and smart. I’m a N.A.S.M certified personal trainer, and love sharing my knowledge to help people reach their goals.
Colton Ranson is a trainer that recently graduated from Arizona State in May 2017. He received a B.S. in Exercise Science and another in Architecture. Colton has two certifications from the National Strength and Conditioning Association, Certified Personal Trainer and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. He has been training since Fall 2016. Colton’s background includes strength and conditioning, weight loss, muscle growth and strength training.
Colton’s training philosophy is always strive to be your best self. If you are giving everything you have in the gym and in the kitchen, you will see the results.
Colton’s training style is based on your goals. He believes in encouragement and holding all his clients accountable. Each session with Colton will leave you one step closer to your goal and feeling positive about your progress.
BENEFITS OF PERSONAL TRAINING
- Accountability. By far, this is the most important piece of the physical fitness puzzle. When you have an appointment with a personal trainer at our gym in San Diego, you’re going to show up if for no other reason than you’re paying for it. You have no excuse to fall back on. Someone is waiting on you, and you don’t want to let them down.
- A physical fitness program tailored to you. Not all fitness programs are created the same. Mixed martial arts might not be for the person who loves yoga. Plus, the results will be vastly different if you’re lifting heavy weights versus doing low-weight repetitions. When you sign up for Balanced Fitness & Health’s personal training program, we’ll sit down with you and evaluate your fitness and health goals, your current level of fitness, and where you want to be in the future. Then we’ll set a plan to achieve the results you are seeking.
- Nutrition. Living in the informational world that we do, the information on nutrition is abundant — too abundant. It seems every time you turn around someone else is putting out a new diet that is purported to yield amazing results in little time, and a new study is coming out, contradicting everything you thought was true. At Balanced Fitness & Health, we make nutrition simple. We’ll educate you in the truth of nutrition and show you how to use nutrition in conjunction with exercise to accelerate your desired goals. Learn More About Nutrition Here.
- Proper form and technique. A lot of people report they don’t exercise because they are afraid of getting hurt, or they have quit exercising because they hurt themselves in the past. A personal trainer will show you proper technique and correct your form. At Balance Fitness & Health, safety is always first. We also make sure you don’t go overboard and do too much to the point you can’t walk the next day! Our goal is getting physically fit the right way.
- Maximize your time (and hence your results). We’ve all seen the people at the gym who wander in, do a couple of reps on a few machines, chit-chat away to a couple people for 20 minutes, and then call it a day. Are these people seeing results? Odds are, no. You need a plan, and the gym is not a social hour. Most of us lead very busy lives; that’s partly the reason we haven’t made it to the gym. With a personal trainer to guide you and keep you moving, you’ll be working the entire personal training session and be sweaty and tired at the end!
- Fill in your knowledge gap. Another main reason people report not going to a gym is because they are intimidated, uncomfortable, or don’t feel like they know enough to work out on their own. A personal trainer will educate you about all exercises, all moves, all equipment, and what muscles you are working. A personal trainer will balance your routine, so you’re not overly sore, which keeps you healthy for life.
- Care and maintenance of your body. Another key people miss to physical fitness is the care and maintenance of your body. You only have one body. Taking care of it is a holistic approach, which is why Balanced Fitness & Health in San Diego prides itself on incorporating all aspects of health and wellness into our personal training program. To be healthy, you need the physical aspect, the mental aspect, the nutrition aspect, and the relaxation aspect. After each personal training session, we leave time for stretching and rolling out on foam rollers. We recommend routine massages and encourage yoga sessions whenever possible. Visiting a chiropractor may be in order as well, depending on your tightness or soreness. We also incorporate mobility sessions as well to maintain your flexibility and range of motion. The personal trainers at Balanced Fitness & Health will work you hard; recovery will be crucial.
- Community. Working out alone can be challenging. That’s why a lot of people don’t exercise. With a personal trainer, you’ll be introduced to the community at Balanced Fitness & Health. We hold events and social hours. Furthermore, your personal trainer will form a bond with you and be a listening ear when you need one. Talking about your day and your future plans or the annoying barking dog next door is therapeutic. The more plugged in you feel, the more comfortable you’ll feel and the more likely physical fitness will be with you for life.
- Challenge you. A personal trainer will challenge you in a way you probably wouldn’t do on your own. He or she will push you to do more and perform exercises you’d never even dreamed up such as a Turkish Get-Up whose name itself sounds like something you’d like to avoid. Getting you out of your comfort zone is a vital part of a personal trainer’s job, and what you’ll need to achieve the results you are looking for.
- Training for a specific event. If your bucket list includes running a marathon, you may need a personal trainer to help you train for such a feat. With any physical challenge, such as climbing Mt. Everest or running an obstacle course, a personal trainer can help you reach your goal. Nothing is worse than setting your sights on a goal and not making it because you weren’t prepared — both mentally and physically. A personal trainer has the knowledge of what it takes to achieve such goals.
Exercise itself is good for the mind. Your body releases serotonin, the feel-good hormone that boosts your mood and aids in learning and memory retention. Exercise keeps depression at bay, stabilizes your appetite, and improves your sleep. Proper nutrition will keep your body functioning properly at all times throughout your day, avoiding the highs and lows we experience when our diet is out of whack. Recovery will help keep your bones and muscles healthy and loose, promoting wellness for life.
Balanced Fitness & Health in San Diego offers great deals on personal training services. We have some of the best personal trainers in the area with years of experience and an unparalleled passion to help their clients reach their goals. Our personal trainers are cheerleaders, encouraging and supporting you 100 percent of the time in all you want to accomplish. Whether your goal is weight loss, strength training, or six-pack abs, our personal trainers can help. At Balanced Health & Fitness, we believe passionately in a balanced approach to life. Contact us today!