Chicken, Zucchini and Fresh Corn Burgers – move over burgers, these are fabulous and so much healthier
Ingredients for the burgers:
• 1 lb. ground chicken
• 1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
• 1 ear fresh corn, husks and silk removed and kernels cut from cob
• ½ medium red bell pepper, finely diced
• 3 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• ½ cup panko bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper about 3-4 tbsp olive oil, for searing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl combine all burger ingredients except oil. Mix with your hands and form into desired patty sizes.
- Pour enough oil to cover bottom of large frying pan. Heat over medium heat until hot, then sear burgers about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Carefully transfer the seared burgers to a baking sheet and place in oven 7-10 minutes, or until cooked through.