Tired of the traditional methods of exercise? Ditch the treadmill or elliptical machine and try some of the activities listed below. Invite some friends or your significant other and make a fun day out of one of these activities!
- Surfing- 30 minutes of surfing will torch more than 100 calories, and will tone your core, arm, and back muscles.
- Skiing or Snowboarding– a fun day out on the slopes can burn 285 calories in an hour.
- Kayaking- burns about 100 calories in just 20 minutes.
- Hiking- burns 100 calories in just about 15 minutes.
- Vinyasa Yoga- when you flow through poses you can burn up to 7 calories per minute, and you’ll tone muscles for a lean body.
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding- burns up to 250-350 calories in just 30 minutes, and you’ll gain some serious core strength.
- Dancing– grab some friends and hit the dance floor, you can burn up to 163 calories in just 30 minutes.
- Gardening- just 30 minutes cultivating can burn around 163 calories; added bonus you can grow some healthy veggies.
- Horseback Riding- an hour and 45 minutes burns around 500 calories.
- Basketball- grab some buddies and play a full court game for 50 minutes, and you’ll burn up to 500 calories.
- Beach Volleyball- an hour of a fun game with friends burns about 500 calories.
- Swimming- we’re not talking about laps, just leisurely swimming burns about 500 calories in just a little over an hour.
- Guitar Playing- always wanted to take up an instrument? Playing the guitar burns about 250 calories in an hour.
- Barre Classes- get that ballerina body, an hour long barre class on average burns about 300 calories.
- Spinning Class– on average most indoor cycling classes burn around 500 calories per hour.
- Zumba Class- on average a Zumba class will help you torch about 500 calories in an hour, bonus you’ll score some sexy dance moves!
- Biking- on average just a casual bike ride around the neighborhood, burns about 50 calories in just 7 minutes.
- Play Catch- just 20 minutes of this outdoor activity burns around 60 calories.
These are just some suggestions for ways to stay active, while having fun. What are some of your favorite activities that torch calories?